Quantcast

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Sci Fi Month!


You guys, I didn't know Sci Fi month was a thing! And it's definitely a thing I need right at this moment. I was literally trying to pick my latest read last night and pondering over multiple SF reads. I figured whichever one I picked (Artemis, with the help of some votes) it would kick off a sci fi binge - and now I have the perfect excuse.

Sci Fi month is being hosted by Lisa and Imyril - you can find the sign up page at the link I've provided for Imyril. And I found out about it thanks to Tammy at BooksBonesBuffy.

As I mentioned, I'm starting the month with Andy Weir's latest, Artemis. I also have An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon, some Expanse titles to get through (in anticipation of the upcoming release of Persepolis Rising in December), and a slew of other possibilities this month.

I do have some non sci fi related scheduled posts this month as well, but it will be overwhelmingly science fiction up in here this month and I'm super stoked!

A few lists to get you started if you want to read along:

This list courtesy of Annalee Newitz and arstechnica is a smorgasbord of science fiction she says will get you through the holidays! (I have most of these on hand and will be reading through them for sure!)

This list from the Verge is a mix of science fiction and fantasy they say you should read in November.

Oh, and there's an official Twitter account, @scifimonth, to follow along as well!

1 comment:

Tammy Sparks said...

I'm so excited! I'm glad you're joining in!