Quantcast

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Shelf Control: Missing Monday by Matthew Costello

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for a Shelf Control post!

Shelf Control is a weekly meme hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies, giving book junkies like me a chance to highlight some of the lingering titles in our TBR stacks!

What it's about (from the back of the book):

On Sunday night Janna Wade went to sleep and had the dream. 

The black clouds roiling in the sky...
The isolated farmhouse beckoning in the distance...

The stairway leading into nothing...
The choking sobs coming from behind the door...

Open the door Janna. Don't be afraid, your screams will wake you.

When Janna does awaken, it's Tuesday - an entire day lost. Yet according to her friends she was at work, her e-mails were answered, her lunch dates were met, and her phone calls were returned. In fact, it was a day just like any other. Except Janna doesn't remember a thing. It's as if she wasn't there at all. And if Janna wasn't there, who was?

The answer comes with a stranger - a woman who knows what becomes of Janna's lost nights... who knows what Janna dreams... and who knows that from now on, Janna's every waking hour will be a nightmare. 

How I got it:

At the bookstore.

When I got it:

Well the fact that it's out of print now means I got it way too long ago for it to still be in my TBR!

Why I want to read it:

First of all, that cover! Plus I was intrigued by the premise. 

Years after this book released, Costello wrote a duo of zombie books (Vacation and Home) that I absolutely loved. And so, Missing Monday came back on my radar (it's shelved in a weird spot, I'm working on that). Course now that it's out of print it's even harder to fit into the reading/review schedule (am I the only one with this issue?).

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I read this years ago and remember liking it. Boy, are you bringing back memories. :-) I haven't read anything else by him, but based on your recommendations of Vacation and Home, it looks like I should.

Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies said...

Okay, wow, this sounds intriguing! It's such fun to find these "old" gems lurking about. I know I have a bunch on my shelves that are practically ancient. :)