Quantcast

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Top ten worlds I'd never want to live in.


Ha! They wouldn't all be fiction either. 

1. The world of Julianna Baggott's Pure trilogy - um, yeah. The privileged live inside a dome while everyone outside is marred by the effects of a massive bomb detonation. No thanks!

2. Panem - I don't know which district I'd be relegated to and I don't care. This world would suck to live in. 

3. The horrific world of Lauren DeStefano's Chemical Garden trilogy - there's no way I'd survive being sold into marriage! I talk back too much.

4. The world of Andrew Fukuda's The Hunt trilogy - where humans are game for vampires. And these aren't sparkly vamps either. 


6. Europe at the time of the Black Death - yeah, no.

7. Salem in the late 1600s - I'd bet money on my being accused!

8. Detroit in Scott Sigler's Infected trilogy

9. New York in Adam Sternbergh's Shovel Ready - while it might be the best time to get a great apartment, I think the rest of it would be too much for little old me. The up side is that there's still pizza joints!

10. The water shortaged world of Mindy McGinnis's Not a Drop to Drink - frontier-esque survival and having to give up my hot baths? I think not. 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Not A Drop to Drink made my list too. I cannot imagine living in a world where water is so scare. Kinda creeps me out to think about it.

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

lillylilac said...

Good list, I agree that Panem and Europe during the Black Death are both unsafe places to live.

Unknown said...

The scariest thing about NADTD is exactly how realistic it seems. GoT is on the other end of the realism spectrum, but I don't think I'd fare well there either.

Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia