Quantcast

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: New to Me Authors Read in 2013

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: New to Me Authors Read in 2013.


Wow, I read a ton of new to me authors this year. Here are ten:

1. Jessican Anya Blau - her Wonder Bread Summer blew me away! 

2. Wiley Cash - I finally read A Land More Kind Then Home and absolutely loved it. His 2014 release, This Dark Road to Mercy is at the top of my review stack as we speak.

3. Joshilyn Jackson - while her work has long be on my radar, this year was my first time reading her. I adored "My Own Miraculous" and Someone Else's Love Story. I'll be reading more from her very soon.

4. Brandon Sanderson - I know he has a huge following thanks to his earlier work and his contribution to the Wheel of Time series, but Steelheart was my first by him... and definitely not my last!

5. Gayle Forman - yes, I was super late to this bus but I had a chance to participate in one of Gayle's events and zipped through both Just One Day and Just One Year in preparation. Oh, so amazing books! I've got another of hers in my TBR now and have already recommended her to my sister, too.

6. Gary McMahon - this is another author I've been aware of for quite some time but hadn't read until this year's The Bones of You. Given my fondness for horror I've since added more than a few of McMahon's titles to my must have and TBR lists.

7. Delilah S. Dawson - this is a bit of a cheat but Dawson was one of the few contributors to this year's Carniepunk that I'd not read before. I loved the world in her Blud story and immediately had to buy the first book in the series, Wicked as They Come. 

8. Peter Clines - Clines's Ex-Heroes debuted this year from Crown but was originally released in 2010 by Permuted Press. Clines is another I'd heard wonderful things about but this year proved to be my year for reading him.

9. Paul Cornell - Oh, my GOD. London Falling was super amazing and I can't wait for more! This was, I believe, Cornell's debut novel but he's written plenty prior to this. The book popped up on my radar thanks to a piece I came across on some similar titles.

10. Karen Marie Moning - I finally, finally read the first book in the Fever series! 

No comments: