Quantcast

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors who deserve more recognition

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.


You might recall seeing this topic here on the blog recently - back in April there was a rewind week and I chose this exact topi! As such, here's the link to that post and here are ten more authors who deserve more recognition :)

1. Ben Aaronovitch - I love Aaronovitch's Peter Grant series. LOVE it! I've heard it's to be adapted for tv over in the UK and I seriously hope it makes it's way here. This is a series that should be embraced by fans of 

2. Erin Kelly - after reading Kelly's debut, she was a definite on my must have list! Creepy psychological UK suspense that's always excellently plotted.

3. Jessica Anya Blau - Wonder Bread Summer was my first outing with Blau and I loved it! I've since added another of her titles to my TBR stack as well.

4. Rob Thurman - Thurman is the author of the Cal Leandros series as well as a number of other titles. If you like darker urban fantasy and haven't tried her, I definitely recommend giving her a shot.

5. Katherine Webb - if you like Kate Morton, you'll definitely like Katherine Webb. She combines historical fiction with a hint of mystery to create deliciously captivating reads!

6. Tamara Thorne - Thorne has been one of my favorite horror authors for quite some time, but I noticed that her titles have been rereleased over the last couple of years. Hopefully she'll find some new readers with these brand spanking new editions.

7. Anton Strout - Strout's the author of the Simon Canderous series as well as the new Spellmason Chronicles. He's funny as all get out and another must if you're an urban fantasy fan.

8. Tom Rob Smith - when Child 44 was released, I could not get enough! There was quite a lot of buzz and so Smith may not be quite right for this list but I don't think his follow up titles got as much attention. There's a Child 44 movie in the works with Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace so I think this will change soon.

9. Gail Z. Martin - if you're looking for something to tide you over while you wait for the next Song of Ice and Fire release, I suggest you check out Martin. Her linked Chronicles of the Necromancer titles and the Fallen Kings duo should do the trick nicely.

10. Greg Keyes - same reason as Gail Z. Martin. While Keyes's Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone has been out for quite some time, it was a series that prompted me to do much more browsing in the fantasy section during my college years. 

8 comments:

BookCupid said...

ooh, I love historical fiction. I'll look her up. My TTT

Tabitha (Pabkins) said...

You are amazing that you could come up with ten! April and I split it 5 and 5 haha

Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard said...

I'll pass on the horror authors, but I'm totally checking out Katherine Webb and Greg Keyes.

Krystianna said...

Awesome list! I actually haven't heard of any of these authors, so thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Cait said...

I just bought the first Ben Aaronovitch book for my boyfriend! I didn't know it was being made into a TV show though, that's cool

Cait x

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of any of these authors! Looks like I need to check them out. :)

Becky LeJeune said...

Tabitha, this is the second time I've done one of these so I have 20! It was tough - there were a ton more that likely would have made the list if I'd read their books already (should tell you how massively overflowing my TBR is!).

Christina said...

I've not actually read any of these authors (shame!), but I own books by three of them, I think, so I will some day, and I hope I enjoy them as much as you have!