Quantcast

Friday, May 11, 2012

Arranged by Catherine McKenzie

Sorry to be short today, readers. I'm operating on fumes and severe lack of sleep. But I wanted to share a new release from one of my favorite new authors today! Catherine McKenzie's Spin was fantastic -- the kind of book I was desperately in need of and didn't know it. With just one book, this author became not only a must read for me but a drop everything to read. McKenzie's latest, Arranged, officially hits shelves Tuesday, May 15 in the States. And I'm waiting with bated breath for the release of Forgotten in October (out now in Canada).

It seems fate has stepped in when Anne Blythe discovers a business card for what she believes is a dating service straight on the heels of catching her boyfriend cheating. "Blythe and Company," the card reads, "Arrangements made." A few chance encounters with exes and the announcement that her best friend is getting married prompt Anne to call and set up an appointment. She soon discovers that Blythe and Company is not a dating service at all. They arrange marriages. But is Anne really ready for such a commitment?

I love McKenzie's writing. As with Spin, she has once again created a leading lady readers like me can believe in and connect with. And while Arranged is certainly a contemporary romance in part, it's also a thought-provoking read -- how far would you go to meet the man of your dreams and how much would you be willing to forgive if that person wasn't what you'd imagined?


No comments: