Quantcast

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Laini Taylor signing

Laini Taylor was in town this week and I headed over to the Boulder Bookstore for her signing Monday night. (She was at Tattered Cover's Highlands Ranch location last night as well.)

I have to admit that I'm new to Laini Taylor. A lot of the blogs I read have been raving about The Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I had a chance to snag a copy at the trade show (and then do the happy dance). I've only just had a chance to start reading the book (and am loving it! I wish I could tap into the kind of creativity Laini Taylor has!). Stay tuned for a review on that one later.

The event was great. Taylor talked about her process, traveling (and inspiration), and mentioned a series of essays she wrote about the writing craft, which can be found here: http://notforrobots.blogspot.com/

And in addition to getting my copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone signed, I also picked up a copy of her National Book Award nominated title, Lips Touch: Three Times, three novellas illustrated by Taylor's husband.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

WOW! Just looked this one up at B&N. Though I'll wait for the paperback, I will definitely get it.