Quantcast

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pre-pub Book Buzz: Tony and Susan by Austin Wright

Oh, I have big plans for this weekend. I've kicked it off with an iced cinnamon mocha from my favorite coffee shop, Scooters! (If you live somewhere with a Scooters, I highly recommend you check them out. I was doing iced coffees with a shot of cinnamon until I decided I needed a chocolate boost. Voila! Iced cinnamon mocha!).

Anyway, planning on seeing Harry Potter (finally) on IMax today. Then I'm attempting a rum and white wine chicken dish for supper that I'm hoping will be awesome! (My version of Tutti's Drunken Chicken.)

And of course I have a massively ambitious TBR stack to get to. My copy of the upcoming edition of Austin Wright's Tony & Susan arrived just yesterday and I'm super excited!

Now Tony & Susan was originally published back on 1993. While the book was well-received, most believe that it didn't get the attention it deserved. I was 12, I'd not heard of it until reading of the rerelease this year. I'm intrigued by the premise of the book and can't wait to dive in:

Fifteen years ago, Susan Morrow left her first husband Edward Sheffield, an unpublished writer. Now, she's enduring middle class suburbia as a doctor's wife, when out of the blue she receives a package containing the manuscript of her ex-husband's first novel. As Susan reads, she is drawn into the fictional life of Tony Hastings. And as we read with her, we too become lost in Sheffield's thriller. As the Hastings' ordinary, civilized lives are disastrously, violently sent off course, Susan is plunged back into the past, forced to confront the darkness that inhabits her, and driven to name the fear that gnaws at her future and will change her life.

The rerelease of Tony & Susan is due out August 11.

Full weekend on my plate and I'll keep you guys posted. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I keep wanting to go there to Scooters! I have a 'me day' coming on Thursday.....I believe I will be meandering my way over.