Quantcast

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Teen Must Read!

If you've been reading here long, then you know that I'm a big, big fan of Rachel Vincent's Shifters (werecats) series. I lurve it! Seriously lurve it! It's up there on my favorite new series list with some really stand out urban fantasy.

Well, Harlequin, Vincent's publisher, has launched a brand-spanking-new teen line chose Vincent to be the very first release! Super cool, right? And it rocks!

My Soul to Take is the first in Vincent's new Soul Screamers series, featuring teen bean sidhe (banshee) Kaylee Cavanaugh. (The link for Harlequin Teen will take you to an excerpt and free e-book prequel.)

Kaylee doesn't know why she gets the terrible urge to scream when she senses death. Heck, she doesn't know why she senses death. But, she's about to find out that she's one of a small group of very special people. The bean sidhe's sing for the dead and help a soul to cross over to the other side. And when Kaylee discovers that there are young girls in her town dying from no apparent cause, she and her friends will be the only ones who can do anything to stop it.

I love that yet again Vincent has found something that hasn't been done in the genre. I was literally chomping at the bit to get my hands on this book, and it was so worth it. And it's a perfect way to launch the new line!

Gena Showalter's Intertwined is next (end of Aug) and PC Cast's Elphame's Choice follows at the end of September.

My Soul to Take is great for teens and adults alike. I think fans of the Shifters books will really enjoy this teen read, and a new crop of Rachel Vincent fans are going to be inspired to run out and snatch up the adult reads while waiting for My Soul to Save (the second Soul Screamers book) to come out in January.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I need to get my hands on this!

Vickie said...

I don't know why it's taking me so long to get to Rachel Vincent's books! Now I have more catching up to do....