Quantcast

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We Had a Mini-Vacation

So Monday night, I'm working my tail off and thinking how much I would really like to just get away for a couple of nights and forget about moving and all of that. I called one of the B&Bs in the current book I'm working on (conveniently located just an hour away) and did the unthinkable in Becky-land -- I made a spontaneous reservation for two nights with their 5-course dinner and a couple's massage. Yep. Totally spur of the moment. We literally packed while I was booking it, dropped Sadie at a friends, left boucoup food for the cats, and set off. 

We stayed at (if you're in the area and interested) Romantic River Song in Estes Park, in their Morning Glory Room. The room came with a kitchenette and a captain's bed built into the wall (super cute)! Breakfast for both days was included and the romantic dinner was amazing. 

We hiked yesterday morning in Rocky Mountain National Park and had relaxing massages when we got back. Unfortunately, now it's all back to normal life and house-hunting stresses (found out they tried to show ours while we were gone, so it's kind of like a kick in the pants). 

If you're in the same boat as me right now, good freaking luck! Finding a new rental that we can afford is a headache I really wish I didn't have to deal with. And to top it off, it comes right around my birthday every year! 

Anyway, that's what was up with me! I'm reading Carlos Ruiz Zafòn's latest, The Angel's Game, and really savoring it. I'll have an official post for all of you later, but I have to tell you, if you're heading out on a relaxing vacation -- one where you'll have plenty of time to read -- this is the book to bring. And if you're not, treat yourself to an afternoon off with it. It's magical and eerie and as fabulous as Shadow of the Wind was. Also, for you lucky beachgoers, I am working my way through Alex Garland's The Beach (this is my gym read). I love the movie so I'm really enjoying the book. 

Alright, posts to come, now I have to get back to work. 

No comments: