Quantcast

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What I'm Reading

So it should be a bit obvious that I'm in a sort of funk lately. Not really sure what's going on with me. I'm not sleeping all that much and when I do I don't really feel rested. I'm playing WAY too much Fallout 3 and am going to have to nip that in the bud right now. I think that's a big part of my problem. I zombie out in front of the xbox and then I feel completely non-productive and lazy. 

I also have not been finishing books. Agh. The last book I finished was early last week and now I have three in progress and it's driving me nuts. I have to finish a book before I start another, but since I'm so moody right now, I'm even having trouble with that. 

To try and help boost myself out of the grey, I began reading a book that's not due out until February. I've been looking forward to it since I read the last in the series, and my sisters are seriously harassing me to finish up with it so they can read it. I promised I would read it and write my review so that they can have it by Christmas. Course they're out of school this week and there's no way I could possibly get it to them, and they want it now.

What is it? The latest in Rachel Vincent's werecat series, Pride. I love, love, love this series. I can't get enough of it. 

*Spoilers if you haven't read Stray or Rogue (and I highly suggest you do so!)

The book begins with Faythe on trial for having accidentally infected her human ex-boyfriend and then killing him. Of course the council doesn't believe that Faythe could have partially shifted and accidentally infected the man. Creating a stray is against the laws of the pride and Faythe must be punished. The council also seems to believe that Faythe killed him, not out of self-defense as she says, but in order to cover up what she'd done. None of it is true, but Faythe's determination to lead an independent life outside of the pride may prove to be her downfall as her worth as a tabby is weighed over a possible death sentence. For better or worse, a bruin busts in in the middle of the proceedings claiming that a pack of strays is roaming around his territory and becoming a nuisance. It also appears that the strays may have killed two missing hikers and a cop on the search team. Faythe is granted a brief repreive and even allowed to help on the hunt, but her freedom still hangs in the balance.

*Spoiler end*

Like I said, I love this series. I'm only partially in after reading until 2:30 this morning. Will keep you guys posted, but I know it's going to be a great ride. If anything can get me out of my mood, it's this book. Now I have to go read so my sisters will stop nagging me. And you should see what all of the fuss is about as well and read this series if you haven't.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I read this book and still love the series. I can't wait for the next one.

This book should get you out of your reading slump

Vickie said...

{{HUGS}} on bein' in a funk, sweets. I bet this one will get you out of it. I have heard so many good things about Rachel Vincent. I think I put her on my Secret Santa wishlist. If I don't get it, I will be shopping soon thereafter.