Quantcast

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lisa Lutz You Owe Me a Nap

Curse of the Spellmans - Lisa Lutz - Hardcover - Due out 3/11

If you aren't familiar with Lutz, she made her debut last year with the hilarious Spellman Files. In The Spellman Files readers are first introduced to Isabel Spellman and her crazy family of PIs. Isabel, Izzy, is 28 and, when the story opens, is being interrogated in regards to her younger sister's disappearance. The wacky story that follows can only be compared to Janet Evanovich and her fantastic Stephanie Plum series. 

In the second book of the series, Isabel has been arrested now for the fourth time in about a month (second really cause she doesn't count arrests two and three). As she explains her recent exploits to her lawyer we come to realize that Izzy's overly suspicious mind has gotten her into trouble once again when. She's convinced that her parent's new next door neighbor is hiding something and is determined to find out what. In fact, it seems that almost everyone around her has been acting rather suspiciously lately  - Izzy's nature won't allow her to let it be and the consequences make for some pretty amusing reading. 

I was up all night reading this book and I don't regret it one bit! Every single "I don't know what you're talking about" left me in tears I was laughing so hard. I'm sure I kept everyone in the house up as well. 

If you haven't read The Spellman Files (now out in paperback), I recommend you run out and pick it up, you won't regret it. If you love Janet E. you're guaranteed to like Lisa Lutz.

No comments: